Ten questions to help you identify where you can save energy, upgrade your equipment and increase your net profit…
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions then contact Dura Pump today for your free energy-saving survey
Request your free energy saving survey
|QUESTION||DID YOU KNOW?|
|Do you have belt-driven pumps?|
Did you know belt-driven pumps are 20% less efficient?
Do you have pumps larger than 5.5kW?
Did you know a 5.5kW pump running 24/7 365 days a year at 12p/kWh costs £5781 to run?
Do you have a valved back system?
Did you know that by using the correct control, you can slow the motor speed down, saving energy and the need for valving back?
Do you have heating pumps larger than 4kW?
Did you know that due to fluctuation in temperatures throughout the year, the pump can be controlled according to demand and save between 35-40%?
Do you have fixed speed booster sets?
Did you know that due to fluctuation in demand throughout a day, the system can be controlled by inverters, varying the speed and number of pumps used? This can provide you with constant water pressure and substantial energy savings.
Do you have a chilled water system?
Did you know that due to temperature fluctuations throughout the year or demand throughout the day from your process, the pump can be controlled according to pressure or temperature? This can save 35-50%.
Do you have a system with pressure reducing valves?
Did you know that doing this is like driving your car with your foot flat on the accelerator whilst braking to control speed! You can control the system by pressure, reduce the speed of the motor and save substantial energy and wear on the system.
Have you increased or reduced your system capacity since initial install?
Did you know that by adjusting your system from the initial specification can considerably affect the efficiency and performance of your system?
Do you have old systems that require upgrading?
Did you know that payback times through energy saving can provide you with a new system, self-funded by the energy savings in 6-24 months?
Do you have inverters installed that are programmed to a set speed?
Did you know that having inverters programmed to a set speed does not provide you with maximum energy savings? They should be set up to adjust speed, according to the demand of the system.
Request your free energy-saving survey
- Site survey
Our energy-saving programme starts with a free no-obligation site survey. Our experienced pump consultant will carry out a detailed assessment of your pump station and pump system, the way your system is set out, and the amount of time and money that is currently being expended on the system.
- Design & specify
After the initial site survey, we carry out an in-depth assessment of your system using our flow analysis software and energy calculators. This gives us the necessary pressures, friction loss, flow rate and load information we need to study where energy and efficiency are being lost. This allows us to establish if your system is already as efficient and effective as possible or to recommend ways to optimise your system to make it most effective in terms of energy usage and the kind of efficiency that reduces wear and tear on the pumps. As a result of the diagnosis, we identify the most energy-efficient solutions for your system and provide a quotation to supply and install with detailed energy-saving calculations and the payback on your investment.
- Supply & install
Following your acceptance of the quotation, we will manufacture, supply, install and optimise the solution. We install in a way that ensures all equipment works to its optimum performance. We work to minimise your downtime during the installation because we know how important continuity is to all organisations. Our team will provide you with a caring and friendly service.
Preventative maintenance and care keep your system at full performance, and we offer a range of maintenance packages to give you complete peace of mind and ensure your system remains reliable and energy-efficient. Connect to our free online asset management tool!
- Full system assessment – We assess your building and processes to establish if any systems have been over-specified and set up to run at full volume. Few operations need to run 24/7 × 365 at full power. We review your needs and reconfigure the system so it runs to optimum capacity, rather than full. This saves energy and reduces the wear and tear on the system so it lasts longer. This saves time and money.
- System upgrades – Some of your equipment may be inefficient due to age, as well as wear and tear particularly if the systems have been running harder than you need. We analyse how it is working and repair or replace equipment so it uses less energy. Did you know that payback times through energy-saving can provide you with a new system, self-funded by the energy savings, in 6-24 months?
- Inverter-driven systems – Many systems are not inverter-driven; if this applies to yours, we will incorporate inverters that will enable the pump or motor to rotate at varying speeds according to the frequency of the output. This saves energy and wear and tear.
- Our offering to you:
• 3-year payback based on the energy saved. Typically we work on 6 to 24 months!
• Up to 3-year warranty on energy savings projects.
• Up to 3 years of free servicing on energy savings projects.