What Pumps Do We Repair in Our Workshop and How?
At Dura Pump, we repair many types of pumps every day in our workshop. In many cases, these are pumps we have collected from our customers, and in other cases our engineers have removed them entirely.
The types of pumps we typically repair are:
- Multistage Pumps
- Channel Submersible Pumps
- Vortex Submersible Pumps
- Cutter/Grinder Submersible Pumps
- Submersible Impeller High Flow Pumps
- Peristaltic Pumps
- Lobe Pumps
- Progressive cavity Pumps
- Gear Pumps
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Hygienic Pumps
- Diaphragm Pump
- Dosing Pumps
- Flexible Impeller Pumps
- Self-priming Pumps
Our repair service includes replacements or repairs to the mechanical seals; impeller/gear/lobe, shafts, seal housing, bearings, motor, diaphragm, and inverters.
How do we Repair Pumps and What is the Process in Our Workshop?
Depending on the nature of your pump fault, Dura Pump completes your repair across a number of steps:
1. When a pump enters the workshop, it is tagged with a unique number and then cleaned to remove any debris, waste or contaminated water. It then has a pre-assessment and electrical test.
2. If the pump passes the assessment and it is worth repairing, it is dismantled and inspected further.
3. Once dismantled and cleaned, a report of the pump is completed.
4. The pump is then quoted on, and the customer provides the go ahead for the works needed. Sometimes we can quote before the pump arrives.
5. We then order the parts required or carry out machining.
6. We clean and shoot/slurry blast any old parts before painting the housing and motors.
7. After that, we build the pump with new or repaired parts. The pump is then tested and packed ready for delivery or installation.
Dura Pump: Discover Performance Under Pressure
Here at Dura Pump, we offer collection and delivery service on pump repairs. Also, our repair service includes machining bespoke parts. If you have any questions regarding pump repairs, please call our team on 01604 648800. Alternatively, view our pump repair page to learn more about this service.